Tuesday, October 9, 2012

the day my camera broke

On this day a few weeks back I decided to take an adventure with the little boys and Miss G. We moved a few months back so since this area is new to our family we thought we would check out a nearby park. I stepped in the little store to buy some water and we were met by a man wearing a shirt with TCU on it, the university of several of their grandparents. This day was definitely meant to be!! :)
I really wanted to ask this guy where he got his TCU shirt.
Why didn't I???
 

The shop lady was unclear which bust to take so i then proceeded to ask these ladies.
 After a few minutes of them debating I politely excused ourselves and left them to their conversation as to the best possible route to the park.
We rode on this little ride to get to the bus stop. We have a great admiration for these three wheel vehicles as they can veer in and out of traffic in this big and bustling city.


Excited about our adventure.
Next we rode the big bus.


We arrived at the park to be greeted by these sweet ladies who were dancing their pounds away with some serious east and west movement.
 It was quite a sight.
They were such kind hearts.

This sweet lady really took a liking to Nime.

 
I am pretty sensitive to my children's preferences because of the attention they receive here. We have come a long way, and worked really hard for them not to desire the attention of strangers. They have had to learn that Dad and Mom are the safe place. Great progress is being made and we don't want anything to hinder their trust. For example, if they don't want to be in pictures with people I politely say no thanks and ask the kind stranger to please stop touching their curls. I wasn't prepared for this lady's excitement. I did snap a pictu and then quickly rescued him from her kind affections.

We stopped to help this crew take a picture.
Later on they would offer our boys a snack.
As they sat to eat their little treat I pulled out the camera and it fell hard on the ground.
 Sadness.
 
Camera. you have been good to our family these past few years. It was a token of love by my bestie, Shan, that will forever be remembered for her (and her husband's) generosity. I hope that the local Nikon shop will be able to help you be as good as new. yours respectfully.

Posing for a picture by the green slimy pond.
Can you tell they get tired of my photos??

And the best part of their day...riding the train.

Leaving the park we met this man.
I seriously felt like I was living in another era as we walked passed the river lined with beautiful Asian trees.
Then, I looked a little closer and saw our dancing ladies behind us and remembered that I live in a day where most in our country wear skinny jeans and cardigans and dance to some pretty rockin music.

Yep, little G and I were also present. Thankfully, she is quite the fan of the ergo. Me too!!
We rode a taxi to hurry back as the Bigs were almost home from school. So grateful for the time I have each day with the Littles.
 

Everyday is quite the adventure living here with our big, little family.
The Lord is using it all for His purposes.
I must find the joy and contentment in living in His presence and goodness.

2 comments:

  1. So that's what happened! Sadness. Hopefully it'll get fixed! I need to hear those phrases you say to stop the touching of the curls. My boys don't seem to notice/mind but I need to be prepared in case they snap one day!
    Keep up the good work Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I loved this post - so fun to "be" with you on a fun day! I'm so sorry about the camera - I do hope they are able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete